SP terms investors meet as flop show
Lucknow: Terming the investors` meet
organised by Uttar Pradesh government in Mumbai to attract
private investment in state as a flop show, Samajwadi Party
today alleged that not a single proposal was submitted during
"Despite repeated requests, not a single proposal to set
up an industry in the state was received by the government
from any corporate house during the meeting," SP spokesman
Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
He alleged that the state government itself was not
serious on progress and development of the state and said,
"When exisiting industries are closing in absence of basic
infrastructure, there is no question of new units coming up in
Chaudhary said that instead of attending the meet, Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati left the issue related to
development with the officials.
"Invitation to attend the meet was extended to nearly
100 corporate houses, of which only two dozen participated,"
In a bid to attract private investment and accelerate
industrial development in the state the UP government had
organised an investors meet in Mumbai yesterday.
During the meet, investors were apprised of expressway,
township, power generation, transmission and distribution
policies formulated by the state government to attract private
investment in these sectors.
State government officials claimed that other than top
Indian corporate houses, some foreign companies also attended
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing