`SP to emerge as single largest party in UP`
New Delhi: An opinion poll
has projected a fractured mandate in coming Uttar Pradesh
assembly polls and said Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi
party will emerge as the single largest party ahead of ruling
The opinion poll was conducted in 202 constituencies of
the state in November and has predicted 117 seats for BSP and
132 for SP in the 403-member House.
The survey predicted 68 seats for Congress and 65 for
It also predicted that Rahul Gandhi`s "aggressive
campaign" in the state "seems to be striking the right note
with the voters there".
The opinion poll in 202 constituencies had a sample size
of 36,712 people and was conducted between November 16-30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees