SP to field women candidates from Agra seats in 2014
Agra: The Samajwadi Party has decided to field two women candidates for the Agra City and Agra Rural (Fatehpur Sikri) Lok Sabha seats.
Instead of Rajendra Singh, whose candidature had been announced, the party will now nominate Pakshlika Singh, of the royal family of the erstwhile Bhadawar state, in Fatehpur Sikri.
Her husband, Raja Aridaman Singh, is a cabinet minister in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
The Agra City candidate will be Sarika Baghael, who won the last Lok Sabha election from Hathras on Ajit Singh`s Rashtriya Lok Dal ticket. She later defected to the Samajwadi Party.
Fatehpur Sikri is presently represented by Seema Upadhyaya of the Bahujan Samaj Party who trounced cine star-turned-politician Raj Babbar.
Raj Babbar later won from Firozabad as a Congress candidate, defeating Dimple Yadav of the Samajwadi Party.
The Congress is toying with the idea of fielding Raj Babbar from Fatehpur Sikri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you