SP to give nomination to young faces with clean image: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam
SIngh Yadav on Monday said his party will give priority to new
faces having a clean image in distribution of tickets in the
coming Uttar Pradesh state assembly elections.
"The party will give priority to new faces in ticket
distribution having a clean image and winnability," Mulayam
said while addressing SP workers at the party headquarters
He said forming the next government after 2012 assembly
eletion was the resolve of the party.
"Party workers should work with dedication to achieve the
target," he said.
Yadav said SP would ensure justice to the backward
community girl allegedly raped by BSP MLA in Banda district.
He alleged the police officers attempted to shield the
MLA on the directives of the Chief Minister.
"While the girl was released on the orders of the High
Court, the CM is creating confusion by claiming that she
ordered her release," he alleged.
Yadav alleged Dwivedi was issuing threats from the jail
and the girl was kept under house arrest in her village.
"There is a threat to her life," he charged.
The SP supremo said the party will effectively raise the
issues related to Muslims.
Meanwhile, state SP president Akhilesh Yadav has
constituted a fact-finding committee to probe the Banda rape
"The committee headed by MP Shushila Saroj will visit
Shahbazpur village and meet the victim," party spokesman
Rajendra Chaudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'