SP to observe Dec 6 as `black day`
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Monday said it
will observe the anniversary of the demolition of the Babri
mosque on December 6 as "black day".
"Instructions have been issued to all district units
of the party by state unit president Akhilesh Yadav to hold
meetings to express their anguish over the demolition of the
mosque in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992," party spokesman
Rajendra Chaudhary said.
As a mark of protest, partymen would also sport black
bands on the day, Chaudhary said, reiterating party`s stand
blaming the then Congress government at the Centre and
communal forces for the pulling down of the mosque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference