SP to observe Dec 6 as `black day`
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Monday said it
will observe the anniversary of the demolition of the Babri
mosque on December 6 as "black day".
"Instructions have been issued to all district units
of the party by state unit president Akhilesh Yadav to hold
meetings to express their anguish over the demolition of the
mosque in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992," party spokesman
Rajendra Chaudhary said.
As a mark of protest, partymen would also sport black
bands on the day, Chaudhary said, reiterating party`s stand
blaming the then Congress government at the Centre and
communal forces for the pulling down of the mosque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra