SP to play decisive role in formation of third front: Shivpal
Mainpuri: Samajwadi Party will play a decisive role in the formation of third front, which will soon become a "reality", Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav said on Wednesday.
"Third front will soon become a reality...SP will play a decisive role in its formation.... Without SP third front cannot take shape", Yadav said.
Replying to a question, Yadav said BJP has "humiliated and sidelined" L K Advani, an architect of the party, which has created dissent in the party cadres.
"BJP has now lost relevance in political scenario," he said. About Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Yadav said he was "unknown" in Uttar Pradesh and could not affect the prospects of ruling SP.
"BJP wants to project Modi as a national leader but the Modi-card will not work in Uttar Pradesh," he added.
Attacking BSP, he said some former ministers of Mayawati regime were in jail while inquiries were underway against many others in corruption cases and they would also go to jail, if found guilty.
"Mayawati had collected huge commission during her regime through ministers and some officials and no one will be spared if found guilty," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata