SP to play decisive role in formation of third front: Shivpal
Mainpuri: Samajwadi Party will play a decisive role in the formation of third front, which will soon become a "reality", Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav said on Wednesday.
"Third front will soon become a reality...SP will play a decisive role in its formation.... Without SP third front cannot take shape", Yadav said.
Replying to a question, Yadav said BJP has "humiliated and sidelined" L K Advani, an architect of the party, which has created dissent in the party cadres.
"BJP has now lost relevance in political scenario," he said. About Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Yadav said he was "unknown" in Uttar Pradesh and could not affect the prospects of ruling SP.
"BJP wants to project Modi as a national leader but the Modi-card will not work in Uttar Pradesh," he added.
Attacking BSP, he said some former ministers of Mayawati regime were in jail while inquiries were underway against many others in corruption cases and they would also go to jail, if found guilty.
"Mayawati had collected huge commission during her regime through ministers and some officials and no one will be spared if found guilty," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- BJP-led NDA completes 2 years in offfice: What Arvind Kejriwal thinks of Narendra Modi
- Clash between two communities in UP's Shamli; sharp-edged weapons and firearms used, 9 injured
- Two years of Modi government: Key tasks yet to be fulfilled!
- Defiant Russia name dope-tainted Maria Sharapova in 2016 Rio Olympics tennis squad
- Sensex zooms 485 points to 7-month high; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark