SP to stage dharna against diesel hike, FDI in retail sector
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party would stage protest demonstrations across Uttar Pradesh on September 20 to protest against the "wrong" policies of the Centre, including the recent diesel price hike and allowing FDI in retail sector.
"State president Akhilesh Yadav has directed all the city and district unit presidents to consult the leaders and workers and chalk out strategy for the programme," party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
In his directive, Akhilesh said that the price rise and corruption due to wrong economic policies of the Centre has made life of the people miserable.
Akhilesh alleged that permitting FDI would make an impact on domestic economy and profiteering of multinational companies would increase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know