SP to stage dharna against diesel hike, FDI in retail sector
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party would stage protest demonstrations across Uttar Pradesh on September 20 to protest against the "wrong" policies of the Centre, including the recent diesel price hike and allowing FDI in retail sector.
"State president Akhilesh Yadav has directed all the city and district unit presidents to consult the leaders and workers and chalk out strategy for the programme," party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
In his directive, Akhilesh said that the price rise and corruption due to wrong economic policies of the Centre has made life of the people miserable.
Akhilesh alleged that permitting FDI would make an impact on domestic economy and profiteering of multinational companies would increase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery