SP to stage dharna against diesel hike, FDI in retail sector
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party would stage protest demonstrations across Uttar Pradesh on September 20 to protest against the "wrong" policies of the Centre, including the recent diesel price hike and allowing FDI in retail sector.
"State president Akhilesh Yadav has directed all the city and district unit presidents to consult the leaders and workers and chalk out strategy for the programme," party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
In his directive, Akhilesh said that the price rise and corruption due to wrong economic policies of the Centre has made life of the people miserable.
Akhilesh alleged that permitting FDI would make an impact on domestic economy and profiteering of multinational companies would increase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'