SP to stage dharna against diesel hike, FDI in retail sector
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party would stage protest demonstrations across Uttar Pradesh on September 20 to protest against the "wrong" policies of the Centre, including the recent diesel price hike and allowing FDI in retail sector.
"State president Akhilesh Yadav has directed all the city and district unit presidents to consult the leaders and workers and chalk out strategy for the programme," party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
In his directive, Akhilesh said that the price rise and corruption due to wrong economic policies of the Centre has made life of the people miserable.
Akhilesh alleged that permitting FDI would make an impact on domestic economy and profiteering of multinational companies would increase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply