SP to stage dharna against diesel hike, FDI in retail sector
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party would stage protest demonstrations across Uttar Pradesh on September 20 to protest against the "wrong" policies of the Centre, including the recent diesel price hike and allowing FDI in retail sector.
"State president Akhilesh Yadav has directed all the city and district unit presidents to consult the leaders and workers and chalk out strategy for the programme," party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
In his directive, Akhilesh said that the price rise and corruption due to wrong economic policies of the Centre has made life of the people miserable.
Akhilesh alleged that permitting FDI would make an impact on domestic economy and profiteering of multinational companies would increase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj