SP to summon ministers, leaders over controversial remarks
Lucknow: After controversial remarks by UP ministers including one saying that officials and policemen cannot even take their seat without his orders, Samajwadi Party on Wednesday said the party leaders will be summoned.
"Party leadership will summon leaders and ministers ... (making outrageous comments) and will discuss the matter with them... Party has respect for journalists," Cabinet Minister and SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s cabinet ministers ruffled feathers after they made controversial remarks on the law and order situation in the state yesterday at various party`s mass contact programmes in different districts.
One of the ministers, Shiv Kumar Beri even went on to say that officials and policemen cannot even take their seat without his orders and if they do so, they will be sacked within 24 hours.
Another minister Ram Murti Verma in Fathepur had said that minor incidents take place and they cannot be stopped whosoever was in power.
On being asked about SP`s relation with the Union Government, Chowdhury said that the party was against the policies of the Centre and claimed that the issue of Chinese incursion had been repeatedly raised by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"Our party was pointing out flaws in foreign policy of the Centre and Netaji (Mulayam) has repeatedly raised issue of Chinese incursion in the country", he said.
On party`s participation in Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) meeting in New Delhi, Chowdhury said that it would be decided by the party`s central leadership and the parliamentary board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city