SP to summon ministers, leaders over controversial remarks
Lucknow: After controversial remarks by UP ministers including one saying that officials and policemen cannot even take their seat without his orders, Samajwadi Party on Wednesday said the party leaders will be summoned.
"Party leadership will summon leaders and ministers ... (making outrageous comments) and will discuss the matter with them... Party has respect for journalists," Cabinet Minister and SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s cabinet ministers ruffled feathers after they made controversial remarks on the law and order situation in the state yesterday at various party`s mass contact programmes in different districts.
One of the ministers, Shiv Kumar Beri even went on to say that officials and policemen cannot even take their seat without his orders and if they do so, they will be sacked within 24 hours.
Another minister Ram Murti Verma in Fathepur had said that minor incidents take place and they cannot be stopped whosoever was in power.
On being asked about SP`s relation with the Union Government, Chowdhury said that the party was against the policies of the Centre and claimed that the issue of Chinese incursion had been repeatedly raised by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"Our party was pointing out flaws in foreign policy of the Centre and Netaji (Mulayam) has repeatedly raised issue of Chinese incursion in the country", he said.
On party`s participation in Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) meeting in New Delhi, Chowdhury said that it would be decided by the party`s central leadership and the parliamentary board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre