SP walkout over govt`s take on Moallim-e-Urdu degree holders
Lucknow: Main opposition Samajwadi Party
today staged a walkout in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative
Council accusing the state government of making a wrong
statement on recruitment of Moallim-e-Urdu degree holders as
The issue was raised by SP members during the zero hour
through an adjournment motion seeking a debate on the issue of
appointment of Moallim-e-Urdu degree holders as teachers in
The SP members said that during party regime in 1994,
then Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav issued an order
equating Moallim-e-Urdu degree holders with BTC Urdu.
"On the basis of this order, thousands of people were
appointed as assistant teachers in government schools," SP
leader Rakesh Singh Rans said.
However, the order was cancelled during BSP-BJP regime in
1997, saying that according to the NCTE Moallim-e-Urdu degree
was not recognised by the council.
Alleging that the government was discriminating with
minorities in the state, Leader of the Opposition Ahmad Hasan
said "the NCTE has already clarified that degrees issued in
1994, 1995 and 1996 were not under its purview and even the
state minorities commission has recommended appointment of
these degree holders."
Replying on behalf of the government, Basic Education
Minister Dharampal Singh Saini said recruitment of these
degree holders was not possible as they do not conform with
the NCTE rules.
Dissatisfied with the reply, SP members staged a walkout
in the House, while Chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey turned down
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks