SP walks out from Legislative Council over power crisis
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh
government of making false statements on power situation in
the state, Samajwadi Party on Thursday staged a walkout in the UP
The issue was raised by the SP members during Zero
Hour through an adjournment motion, who demanded a debate on
power situation in the state.
The SP alleged that powerloom industry in Tanda, Mau
and Varanasi was on the verge of closure and the workers were
not only migrating to other places, but were also committing
Leader of Opposition Ahmad Hasan said the situation
was grim in the area and powerlooms were non-operational due
to power crisis.
Demanding the government to issue a detailed report,
he said in Mau recovery certificates were issued against
people on whom no power dues were pending.
Terming the opposition`s allegation that some
powerloom workers had committed suicide, Leader of the House
Swami Prasad Maurya said the government was sensitive towards
the problem and effective measures were being taken to sort
out power crisis in the state.
"In the 11th Five Year Plan and the 12th plan the
government has decied to augment state`s power generation by
more than 4,000 MW and 9,505 MW respectively," he said.
Blaming the previous government for existing power
crisis in the state, he said 18 hours of power was being
supplied in Varanasi and 14 hours in Tanda and Mau.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them