SP will fight general elections alone: Shivpal
Farukkhabad: Samajwadi Party will contest the Lok Sabha elections on its own and it does not need help of any other political party, a senior SP leader said on Sunday.
"SP will contest Lok Sabha polls alone. We don`t need any party`s help," Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister and SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav said here.
The minister said there was decline in corruption in PWD, Irrigation and cooperative departments, but "commission- taking" could not been controlled so far and warned officers that the party would take strict action against those found indulging in it.
He said to make women self-reliant, the cooperative department would provide them loan at an interest rate of three per cent. Women would be appointed as directors of district cooperative banks, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand