SP will pay for its mistakes in UP: Varun Gandhi
Agra: Alleging that there was a complete breakdown of the law and order apparatus in Uttar Pradesh, BJP General Secretary Varun Gandhi on Saturday said that the ruling Samajwadi Party would pay for its mistakes in the state.
Addressing a large gathering here, Varun said that the SP government would "soon get the fruit of the sins committed in the state by acting in a partisan manner and creating a feeling of insecurity among the people". He was referring to the recent violence in Muzaffarnagar where clashes claimed 47 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
"There is a state of lawlessness in UP. There appeared to be a ray of hope when Akhilesh Yadav came to power but, in just one-and-a-half years, that hope has been dashed and UP is burning," Varun said.
He said that SP`s image had taken such a beating in the state that if a snap poll were to be held today, the party would not be able to garner even 50 seats in the UP Assembly.
Speaking softly and persuasively and frequently asking his audience if he was right in what he was saying, Varun said that while BJP believed in Lord Rama and Hindutva, it would not seek votes in the name of either.
The need of the hour was to shed sectarian politics and reach out to the hearts of the people, he said.
BJP should have an all-embracing approach but, at the same time, it should stick to its ideology of Hindutva, which was synonymous with love for the motherland, Varun added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason