SP workers behind 3 murders in Etah: UP minister
Lucknow: A day after a local court in Etah ordered registering of FIR against him, his three family members in connection with three murders, a Uttar Pradesh minister on Sunday alleged that Samajwadi Party workers were behind the murder and he would not resign.
"The SP workers are behind the triple murder but fingers are raised against me...I am not going to resign", Animal Husbandry Minister Avadhpal Singh Yadav told reporters in reply to a question here.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Buddhi Sagar Misra had yesterday ordered lodging of an FIR against Yadav, his two brothers Chandra Pratap Yadav and Amarpal Yadav and son Ranjeet Yadav besides 15 to 20 unknown persons in the case.
On June 10, Vijay Verma, his son Abhinav Verma and their gunner Santosh Yadav were killed in Jaithra area under Aliganj police station area of the district.
One of Verma`s sons had alleged role of the minister in the case, however, he did not name them in the FIR filed in this connection.
However, Anurodh Yadav, the brother of the gunner, had moved the court for the same on which the CJM passed the orders yesterday.
One of minister`s brother, Chandra Pratap Yadav, named by the court is also MLC of the ruling BSP.
The UP Lokayukta, NK Malhotra, who is looking into corruption charges against the minister had also forwarded a CD, in which the wife and son of the deceased Verma had alleged the role of the minister and his family, to the chief minister for action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender