SP workers for fielding Mulayam`s son from Azamgarh seat
Lucknow: A group of Samajwadi Party workers on Saturday demanded that party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s son Prateek should replace Balram Yadav as the party`s candidate from Azamgarh seat for the 2014 general elections.
Party workers of the area strongly believe that Prateek will be the best choice for the seat, said Durga Prasad Shukla, a party member who led a campaign in favour of Mulayam`s son.
"We have sought time from Netaji (Mulayam) to impress upon him the realities of Azamgarh and how it would be difficult for anyone other than him (Prateek) to sail through from the seat," Shukla said.
He, however, said their demand should not be taken as a revolt as they only had the best of intentions for the party and its electoral fortunes.
The party has already announced Balram Yadav, a senior minister, as its candidate from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31