SP workers-police clash: Injured youth dies
Firozabad (UP): The youth, who sustained
bullet injuries during a clash between supporters of a
defeated SP candidate and police, died at a hospital in Agra,
police said here on Wednesday.
22-year-old Shanu had sustained bullet injuries during a
clash between supporters of defeated SP candidate from Sadar
seat, Azim Bhai and police yesterday.
Supporters of Azim had allegedly opened fire demanding
recounting on the seat which it lost to BJP by a margin of
The supporters, who squatted on the National Highway at
Nagla Bati area, clashed with the police which reached there
to disperse them, they said.
As the police resorted to lathi charge and lobbed tear
gas shells, the mob indulged in heavy brick batting and also
opened fire resulting in injuries to Shanu and a 10-year-old
Sporadic violence involving SP workers broke out in
Uttar Pradesh yesterday in which one boy was killed, two
people injured and TV cameras smashed during a clash with
A 12-year-old boy identified as Danish died after being
hit by a bullet during celebratory firing allegedly by
supporters of SP candidate from Sambhal Assembly seat Iqbal
Mahmood last evening.
In Jhansi, supporters of SP clashed with some TV
cameramen during which some of their equipments were broken.
The mediamen were also trapped in a room.
Samajwadi leader Akhilesh Yadav had condemned the
violence and assured that action will be taken against all
those who have taken law into their hands. He said he was
aware of the three incidents in Sambhal, Jhansi and Firozabad.
The Election Commission had sought report on incidents
of violence from the respective district administrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi