SP workers-police clash: Injured youth dies
Firozabad (UP): The youth, who sustained
bullet injuries during a clash between supporters of a
defeated SP candidate and police, died at a hospital in Agra,
police said here on Wednesday.
22-year-old Shanu had sustained bullet injuries during a
clash between supporters of defeated SP candidate from Sadar
seat, Azim Bhai and police yesterday.
Supporters of Azim had allegedly opened fire demanding
recounting on the seat which it lost to BJP by a margin of
The supporters, who squatted on the National Highway at
Nagla Bati area, clashed with the police which reached there
to disperse them, they said.
As the police resorted to lathi charge and lobbed tear
gas shells, the mob indulged in heavy brick batting and also
opened fire resulting in injuries to Shanu and a 10-year-old
Sporadic violence involving SP workers broke out in
Uttar Pradesh yesterday in which one boy was killed, two
people injured and TV cameras smashed during a clash with
A 12-year-old boy identified as Danish died after being
hit by a bullet during celebratory firing allegedly by
supporters of SP candidate from Sambhal Assembly seat Iqbal
Mahmood last evening.
In Jhansi, supporters of SP clashed with some TV
cameramen during which some of their equipments were broken.
The mediamen were also trapped in a room.
Samajwadi leader Akhilesh Yadav had condemned the
violence and assured that action will be taken against all
those who have taken law into their hands. He said he was
aware of the three incidents in Sambhal, Jhansi and Firozabad.
The Election Commission had sought report on incidents
of violence from the respective district administrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing