SP workers stage protests against price rise
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party workers on Monday
staged demonstrations all over the state against policies of
the Central and state governments which, according to them,
caused price hike and harassment of farmers.
Party workers led by senior leaders held protest
demonstrations and also demanded raising of the cane price to
Rs 280 to Rs 300 per quintal, party spokesman, Rajendra
Chaudhary said here.
The agitators also accused the government of implicating
party general secretary Amar Singh in a false case of money
In Etawah, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Shivpal
Singh Yadav, led the agitators and also submitted a memorandum
addressed to the governor demanding dismissal of the state
In Lucknow, senior leaders including MPs Bhagwati Singh,
Virendra Bhatia and Sushila Saroj participated in the protest.
Party workers were arrested in Barabanki, Ghazipur,
Hardoi, Bahraich, Faizabad, Ambedkarnagar, Lakhimpur,
Shahjahanpur, Sidhartnagar and Unnao, Chaudhary claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read