SP workers stage protests against price rise
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party workers on Monday
staged demonstrations all over the state against policies of
the Central and state governments which, according to them,
caused price hike and harassment of farmers.
Party workers led by senior leaders held protest
demonstrations and also demanded raising of the cane price to
Rs 280 to Rs 300 per quintal, party spokesman, Rajendra
Chaudhary said here.
The agitators also accused the government of implicating
party general secretary Amar Singh in a false case of money
In Etawah, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Shivpal
Singh Yadav, led the agitators and also submitted a memorandum
addressed to the governor demanding dismissal of the state
In Lucknow, senior leaders including MPs Bhagwati Singh,
Virendra Bhatia and Sushila Saroj participated in the protest.
Party workers were arrested in Barabanki, Ghazipur,
Hardoi, Bahraich, Faizabad, Ambedkarnagar, Lakhimpur,
Shahjahanpur, Sidhartnagar and Unnao, Chaudhary claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj