SP workers stage protests against price rise
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party workers on Monday
staged demonstrations all over the state against policies of
the Central and state governments which, according to them,
caused price hike and harassment of farmers.
Party workers led by senior leaders held protest
demonstrations and also demanded raising of the cane price to
Rs 280 to Rs 300 per quintal, party spokesman, Rajendra
Chaudhary said here.
The agitators also accused the government of implicating
party general secretary Amar Singh in a false case of money
In Etawah, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Shivpal
Singh Yadav, led the agitators and also submitted a memorandum
addressed to the governor demanding dismissal of the state
In Lucknow, senior leaders including MPs Bhagwati Singh,
Virendra Bhatia and Sushila Saroj participated in the protest.
Party workers were arrested in Barabanki, Ghazipur,
Hardoi, Bahraich, Faizabad, Ambedkarnagar, Lakhimpur,
Shahjahanpur, Sidhartnagar and Unnao, Chaudhary claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September