SP workers stage protests against price rise
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party workers on Monday
staged demonstrations all over the state against policies of
the Central and state governments which, according to them,
caused price hike and harassment of farmers.
Party workers led by senior leaders held protest
demonstrations and also demanded raising of the cane price to
Rs 280 to Rs 300 per quintal, party spokesman, Rajendra
Chaudhary said here.
The agitators also accused the government of implicating
party general secretary Amar Singh in a false case of money
In Etawah, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Shivpal
Singh Yadav, led the agitators and also submitted a memorandum
addressed to the governor demanding dismissal of the state
In Lucknow, senior leaders including MPs Bhagwati Singh,
Virendra Bhatia and Sushila Saroj participated in the protest.
Party workers were arrested in Barabanki, Ghazipur,
Hardoi, Bahraich, Faizabad, Ambedkarnagar, Lakhimpur,
Shahjahanpur, Sidhartnagar and Unnao, Chaudhary claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen