Speaker disqualifies BSP MLA
Lucknow: BSP MLA Krishna Kumar Singh, who
had joined the Samajwadi Party, was on Monday disqualified from
the Uttar Pradesh Assembly by the Speaker, the fourth party
MLA to face action under the anti-defection law.
The action has been taken on a petition filed by BSP
state president Swami Prasad Maurya seeking disqualification
of the MLA from the state Assembly under the anti-defection
law, Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar told reporters.
Singh alias Satish Verma, who represented Mallawan seat
of Hardoi, stands disqualified from the house from August 3,
the Speaker said, adding that he is the fourth member of the
15th Vidhan Sabha who has been disqualified under the
The Speaker said that petition to disqualify BSP MLA
Jitendra Singh Babloo BSP MLA from Bikapur (Faizabad) was
pending with him.
Verma had joined Samajwadi Party in August expressing his
faith in ideologies of the party.
Earlier, the Speaker had disqualified BSP MLAs Mahfooz
Kidwai from Masauli (Barabanki), Sher Bahadur Singh from
Jalalpur (Ambedkarnagar) and Bhagwan Sharma alias Guddu Pandit
from Dibai (Bulandshahar).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks