Speaker disqualifies BSP MLA
Lucknow: BSP MLA Krishna Kumar Singh, who
had joined the Samajwadi Party, was on Monday disqualified from
the Uttar Pradesh Assembly by the Speaker, the fourth party
MLA to face action under the anti-defection law.
The action has been taken on a petition filed by BSP
state president Swami Prasad Maurya seeking disqualification
of the MLA from the state Assembly under the anti-defection
law, Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar told reporters.
Singh alias Satish Verma, who represented Mallawan seat
of Hardoi, stands disqualified from the house from August 3,
the Speaker said, adding that he is the fourth member of the
15th Vidhan Sabha who has been disqualified under the
The Speaker said that petition to disqualify BSP MLA
Jitendra Singh Babloo BSP MLA from Bikapur (Faizabad) was
pending with him.
Verma had joined Samajwadi Party in August expressing his
faith in ideologies of the party.
Earlier, the Speaker had disqualified BSP MLAs Mahfooz
Kidwai from Masauli (Barabanki), Sher Bahadur Singh from
Jalalpur (Ambedkarnagar) and Bhagwan Sharma alias Guddu Pandit
from Dibai (Bulandshahar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you