Speaker disqualifies BSP MLA
Lucknow: BSP MLA Krishna Kumar Singh, who
had joined the Samajwadi Party, was on Monday disqualified from
the Uttar Pradesh Assembly by the Speaker, the fourth party
MLA to face action under the anti-defection law.
The action has been taken on a petition filed by BSP
state president Swami Prasad Maurya seeking disqualification
of the MLA from the state Assembly under the anti-defection
law, Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar told reporters.
Singh alias Satish Verma, who represented Mallawan seat
of Hardoi, stands disqualified from the house from August 3,
the Speaker said, adding that he is the fourth member of the
15th Vidhan Sabha who has been disqualified under the
The Speaker said that petition to disqualify BSP MLA
Jitendra Singh Babloo BSP MLA from Bikapur (Faizabad) was
pending with him.
Verma had joined Samajwadi Party in August expressing his
faith in ideologies of the party.
Earlier, the Speaker had disqualified BSP MLAs Mahfooz
Kidwai from Masauli (Barabanki), Sher Bahadur Singh from
Jalalpur (Ambedkarnagar) and Bhagwan Sharma alias Guddu Pandit
from Dibai (Bulandshahar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan