Special CBI courts in Lucknow, Ghaziabad
Lucknow: Two special CBI courts wuill be set up in the Uttar Pradesh capital and Ghaziabad in connection with the Rs.5,000 crore National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) scam.
According to informed sources, CBI Joint Director Javed Ahmad has held meetings with senior officials of the state government in this regard.
CBI wants early approval of its request to prosecute over 30 officials and doctors accused of ripping off crores of rupees meant to improve healthcare in the state.
The agency is currently probing the scam in which many politicians, former ministers, legislators and officials other than medical officers have been charged with corruption.
Two Chief Medical Officers (CMO) were killed apparently because of largescale irregularities and one deputy CMO, charged with conspiring to kill his two seniors, was murdered in mysterious circumstances in the Lucknow jail.
The Allahabad High Court is monitoring the CBI probe and it is learnt that some more high-profile arrests would be made soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?