Special CBI courts in Lucknow, Ghaziabad
Lucknow: Two special CBI courts wuill be set up in the Uttar Pradesh capital and Ghaziabad in connection with the Rs.5,000 crore National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) scam.
According to informed sources, CBI Joint Director Javed Ahmad has held meetings with senior officials of the state government in this regard.
CBI wants early approval of its request to prosecute over 30 officials and doctors accused of ripping off crores of rupees meant to improve healthcare in the state.
The agency is currently probing the scam in which many politicians, former ministers, legislators and officials other than medical officers have been charged with corruption.
Two Chief Medical Officers (CMO) were killed apparently because of largescale irregularities and one deputy CMO, charged with conspiring to kill his two seniors, was murdered in mysterious circumstances in the Lucknow jail.
The Allahabad High Court is monitoring the CBI probe and it is learnt that some more high-profile arrests would be made soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?