Special CBI courts in Lucknow, Ghaziabad
Lucknow: Two special CBI courts wuill be set up in the Uttar Pradesh capital and Ghaziabad in connection with the Rs.5,000 crore National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) scam.
According to informed sources, CBI Joint Director Javed Ahmad has held meetings with senior officials of the state government in this regard.
CBI wants early approval of its request to prosecute over 30 officials and doctors accused of ripping off crores of rupees meant to improve healthcare in the state.
The agency is currently probing the scam in which many politicians, former ministers, legislators and officials other than medical officers have been charged with corruption.
Two Chief Medical Officers (CMO) were killed apparently because of largescale irregularities and one deputy CMO, charged with conspiring to kill his two seniors, was murdered in mysterious circumstances in the Lucknow jail.
The Allahabad High Court is monitoring the CBI probe and it is learnt that some more high-profile arrests would be made soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday