Special force for monuments: Maya sends ordinance to Guv
Lucknow: With a Bill on setting up a special
force to protect parks and memorials named after dalit icons
awaiting the Governor`s nod, Mayawati Government has now sent
an ordinance with almost similar provisions for his assent.
The UP Special Zone Protection Force Bill passed by
both the Houses of the state legislature in the budget session
has been pending in the Raj Bhawan for over a month now
awaiting gubernatorial nod.
Apparently in a hurry to create the force, Uttar
Pradesh government has now sent the ordinance with nearly
similar provisions to Governor B L Joshi.
Raj Bhawan sources, however said that Joshi "has not
yet gone through it (ordinance)".
On the delay in giving assent to the Bill, the sources
said that it is under the consideration of the Governor.
Sources in the government, however, said that the
ordinance has been sent as the clearance to the bill might
take some time.
During the budget session, the bill was passed for
setting up a special force for protection of ten pet projects
of Chief Minister Mayawati including memorials and parks in
Lucknow and Noida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video