Special force for monuments: Maya sends ordinance to Guv
Lucknow: With a Bill on setting up a special
force to protect parks and memorials named after dalit icons
awaiting the Governor`s nod, Mayawati Government has now sent
an ordinance with almost similar provisions for his assent.
The UP Special Zone Protection Force Bill passed by
both the Houses of the state legislature in the budget session
has been pending in the Raj Bhawan for over a month now
awaiting gubernatorial nod.
Apparently in a hurry to create the force, Uttar
Pradesh government has now sent the ordinance with nearly
similar provisions to Governor B L Joshi.
Raj Bhawan sources, however said that Joshi "has not
yet gone through it (ordinance)".
On the delay in giving assent to the Bill, the sources
said that it is under the consideration of the Governor.
Sources in the government, however, said that the
ordinance has been sent as the clearance to the bill might
take some time.
During the budget session, the bill was passed for
setting up a special force for protection of ten pet projects
of Chief Minister Mayawati including memorials and parks in
Lucknow and Noida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves