Special force for monuments: Maya sends ordinance to Guv
Lucknow: With a Bill on setting up a special
force to protect parks and memorials named after dalit icons
awaiting the Governor`s nod, Mayawati Government has now sent
an ordinance with almost similar provisions for his assent.
The UP Special Zone Protection Force Bill passed by
both the Houses of the state legislature in the budget session
has been pending in the Raj Bhawan for over a month now
awaiting gubernatorial nod.
Apparently in a hurry to create the force, Uttar
Pradesh government has now sent the ordinance with nearly
similar provisions to Governor B L Joshi.
Raj Bhawan sources, however said that Joshi "has not
yet gone through it (ordinance)".
On the delay in giving assent to the Bill, the sources
said that it is under the consideration of the Governor.
Sources in the government, however, said that the
ordinance has been sent as the clearance to the bill might
take some time.
During the budget session, the bill was passed for
setting up a special force for protection of ten pet projects
of Chief Minister Mayawati including memorials and parks in
Lucknow and Noida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning