Spurious liquor claims two more lives in Deoria
Deoria: Two more persons died after they
allegedly consumed spurious liquor in Uttar Pradesh`s Deoria
district taking the toll to five since Friday, officials
"Mohanlal Srivastava (60) and Uma Shanker (50), who
were taken seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor, died
during treatment taking the toll to five in the hooch
tragedy," they said.
Following the incident, five police and excise
department personnel have been suspended.
"Excise Commissioner Mahesh Kumar Gupta has suspended
excise inspector Satya Prakash Pandey and personnel Jitendra
Kumar on charges of laxity," they added.
Similarly police inspector of Gauri Bazar police
station Diwakar Singh, sub-inspector Vindhyachal Yadav and
constable Shambunath Chaudhary have also been suspended.
Three people had died and four others were taken
seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor in Deoria
district of the state yesterday.
Four others were also admitted to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him