Spurious liquor claims two more lives in Deoria
Deoria: Two more persons died after they
allegedly consumed spurious liquor in Uttar Pradesh`s Deoria
district taking the toll to five since Friday, officials
"Mohanlal Srivastava (60) and Uma Shanker (50), who
were taken seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor, died
during treatment taking the toll to five in the hooch
tragedy," they said.
Following the incident, five police and excise
department personnel have been suspended.
"Excise Commissioner Mahesh Kumar Gupta has suspended
excise inspector Satya Prakash Pandey and personnel Jitendra
Kumar on charges of laxity," they added.
Similarly police inspector of Gauri Bazar police
station Diwakar Singh, sub-inspector Vindhyachal Yadav and
constable Shambunath Chaudhary have also been suspended.
Three people had died and four others were taken
seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor in Deoria
district of the state yesterday.
Four others were also admitted to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic