Spurious liquor claims two more lives in Deoria
Deoria: Two more persons died after they
allegedly consumed spurious liquor in Uttar Pradesh`s Deoria
district taking the toll to five since Friday, officials
"Mohanlal Srivastava (60) and Uma Shanker (50), who
were taken seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor, died
during treatment taking the toll to five in the hooch
tragedy," they said.
Following the incident, five police and excise
department personnel have been suspended.
"Excise Commissioner Mahesh Kumar Gupta has suspended
excise inspector Satya Prakash Pandey and personnel Jitendra
Kumar on charges of laxity," they added.
Similarly police inspector of Gauri Bazar police
station Diwakar Singh, sub-inspector Vindhyachal Yadav and
constable Shambunath Chaudhary have also been suspended.
Three people had died and four others were taken
seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor in Deoria
district of the state yesterday.
Four others were also admitted to the hospital.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on