Spurious liquor claims two more lives in Deoria
Deoria: Two more persons died after they
allegedly consumed spurious liquor in Uttar Pradesh`s Deoria
district taking the toll to five since Friday, officials
"Mohanlal Srivastava (60) and Uma Shanker (50), who
were taken seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor, died
during treatment taking the toll to five in the hooch
tragedy," they said.
Following the incident, five police and excise
department personnel have been suspended.
"Excise Commissioner Mahesh Kumar Gupta has suspended
excise inspector Satya Prakash Pandey and personnel Jitendra
Kumar on charges of laxity," they added.
Similarly police inspector of Gauri Bazar police
station Diwakar Singh, sub-inspector Vindhyachal Yadav and
constable Shambunath Chaudhary have also been suspended.
Three people had died and four others were taken
seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor in Deoria
district of the state yesterday.
Four others were also admitted to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors