Spurious liquor claims two more lives in Deoria
Deoria: Two more persons died after they
allegedly consumed spurious liquor in Uttar Pradesh`s Deoria
district taking the toll to five since Friday, officials
"Mohanlal Srivastava (60) and Uma Shanker (50), who
were taken seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor, died
during treatment taking the toll to five in the hooch
tragedy," they said.
Following the incident, five police and excise
department personnel have been suspended.
"Excise Commissioner Mahesh Kumar Gupta has suspended
excise inspector Satya Prakash Pandey and personnel Jitendra
Kumar on charges of laxity," they added.
Similarly police inspector of Gauri Bazar police
station Diwakar Singh, sub-inspector Vindhyachal Yadav and
constable Shambunath Chaudhary have also been suspended.
Three people had died and four others were taken
seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor in Deoria
district of the state yesterday.
Four others were also admitted to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees