Spurned lover shoots at girl in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 22-year-old girl suffered injuries after she was allegedly shot at by a jilted lover following her refusal to accept his marriage proposal in Kavinagar area here.
The girl, who sustained bullet injuries on her chest, was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be "out of danger", police said.
Family members of the girl, who woke up to the gun shot late last night, nabbed the youth identified as Rahul of Loni area and handed him over to police.
Rahul, however, refuted all allegations and said he did not shoot at the girl.
"Rahul used to stalk her and proposed to marry her. When she turned down his proposal he got angry," said an officer.
"We have arrested the youth and further investigation is on," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened