Spurned lover shoots at girl in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 22-year-old girl suffered injuries after she was allegedly shot at by a jilted lover following her refusal to accept his marriage proposal in Kavinagar area here.
The girl, who sustained bullet injuries on her chest, was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be "out of danger", police said.
Family members of the girl, who woke up to the gun shot late last night, nabbed the youth identified as Rahul of Loni area and handed him over to police.
Rahul, however, refuted all allegations and said he did not shoot at the girl.
"Rahul used to stalk her and proposed to marry her. When she turned down his proposal he got angry," said an officer.
"We have arrested the youth and further investigation is on," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?