Spurned lover shoots at girl in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 22-year-old girl suffered injuries after she was allegedly shot at by a jilted lover following her refusal to accept his marriage proposal in Kavinagar area here.
The girl, who sustained bullet injuries on her chest, was rushed to hospital, where her condition was stated to be "out of danger", police said.
Family members of the girl, who woke up to the gun shot late last night, nabbed the youth identified as Rahul of Loni area and handed him over to police.
Rahul, however, refuted all allegations and said he did not shoot at the girl.
"Rahul used to stalk her and proposed to marry her. When she turned down his proposal he got angry," said an officer.
"We have arrested the youth and further investigation is on," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes