Sriprakash Jaiswal leads protest march against power cuts
Kanpur: Former coal minister Sriprakash Jaiswal today led a protest march against unscheduled power cuts in the City.
Jaiswal, along with Congress activists, took a march from Shani temple square in the city to the residence of Divisional Commissioner Mohd Iftikharuddin, where they submitted a memorandum, demanding uninterrupted power supply in the City.
After the march, he told reporters that cities like Itava, Mainpuri and Azamgarh were getting uninterrupted power supply while Kanpur despite being an industrial hub was witnessing daily power cuts of 8 to 10 hours.
Underlining Kanpur`s contribution in revenue collection of the state and citing the special power requirements of its small and medium sized industries, Jaiswal said the UP Chief Minister must ensure round-the-clock power supply to the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi