Sriprakash Jaiswal stages protest against power crisis
Kanpur: Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Friday alleged that despite acute shortage of power, the Uttar Pradesh government continues to provide regular supply to all Samajwadi Party strongholds due to which other parts of the state, including Kanpur, are forced to suffer.
"The SP strongholds, along with VIP areas of capital Lucknow where the ministers live, are getting regular power. Then why a step-motherly treatment with Kanpur, which gives highest revenue to the state?" Jaiswal, who staged a sit-in here, said.
Accusing the SP government of "doing nothing" to revive state`s power situation, Jaiswal, who is MP from Kanpur, said even the Central projects are facing hurdles due to a number of technical glitches which the state has failed to address.
This is the second protest by the minister within one month.
On March 30, he had led a Congress demonstration, alleging that most of the development projects in the city were lying incomplete in spite of release of funds by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble