Sriprakash Jaiswal stages protest against power crisis
Kanpur: Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Friday alleged that despite acute shortage of power, the Uttar Pradesh government continues to provide regular supply to all Samajwadi Party strongholds due to which other parts of the state, including Kanpur, are forced to suffer.
"The SP strongholds, along with VIP areas of capital Lucknow where the ministers live, are getting regular power. Then why a step-motherly treatment with Kanpur, which gives highest revenue to the state?" Jaiswal, who staged a sit-in here, said.
Accusing the SP government of "doing nothing" to revive state`s power situation, Jaiswal, who is MP from Kanpur, said even the Central projects are facing hurdles due to a number of technical glitches which the state has failed to address.
This is the second protest by the minister within one month.
On March 30, he had led a Congress demonstration, alleging that most of the development projects in the city were lying incomplete in spite of release of funds by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network