SSB jawans held for molesting NCC cadets on train
Mughalsarai: The Government Railway Police (GRP) arrested nine Sashastra Seema Bal personnel on Friday evening at Mughalsarai junction in Uttar Pradesh after NCC girl cadets from the northeastern states alleged that they were teased and molested by the jawans on board the New Delhi-Guwahati Sampark Kranti Express.
The incident took place on Friday as the Sampark Kranti Express train made its way through Uttar Pradesh when the troopers belonging to the SSB allegedly eve teased women passengers.
The harassed women were travelling in the train as part of a team of the National Cadet Corps (NCC), which is a tri services organization comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force.
After the compliant was lodged with the authorities, personnel belonging to the GRP swung into action as they tried to apprehend the culprits at the Mughalsarai station.
"Everybody over there indulged in eve teasing and nobody was refraining from it. Even when we changed our seats, they were still laughing at us and were passing lewd comments," said Savita, a harassed girl who narrated her experience to mediapersons at the station.
The authorities at the station searched all the compartments in the train and tried to apprehend the offending troopers.
"Girls who were travelling in the train`s compartment number S-6 were eve teased and molested. The security forces at the railway station were given this information. The security personnel are doing their work and are apprehending the guilty by searching the train compartments," said Ratan Yadav, Inspector of the GRP.
A case of molestation has been registered against the troopers and they have been taken into police custody over the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter