States should ensure implementation of central schemes: Ramesh
Basti (UP): Asking the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure effective implementation of central schemes, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Sunday said complaints were being received regarding the MGNREGA in the state.
"Several complaints are being received regarding MNGREA from UP. The state government should realise its responsibility in implementing central schemes. I will write a letter to the state for effective implementation of the legislation," Ramesh said at a function here.
He said he had suggested previous Mayawati government and existing Akhilesh Yadav regime to recommend a CBI inquiry into alleged corruption in the MGNREGA scheme in seven districts in UP, but no such inquiry was ordered.
The Rural Development Minister said allocating funds was the work of the Centre, but the state should realise its responsibility in implementing the schemes.
He said a target of allotting three lakh dwellings has been fixed under Indira Awas Yojna in the state in the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress