States should ensure implementation of central schemes: Ramesh
Basti (UP): Asking the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure effective implementation of central schemes, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Sunday said complaints were being received regarding the MGNREGA in the state.
"Several complaints are being received regarding MNGREA from UP. The state government should realise its responsibility in implementing central schemes. I will write a letter to the state for effective implementation of the legislation," Ramesh said at a function here.
He said he had suggested previous Mayawati government and existing Akhilesh Yadav regime to recommend a CBI inquiry into alleged corruption in the MGNREGA scheme in seven districts in UP, but no such inquiry was ordered.
The Rural Development Minister said allocating funds was the work of the Centre, but the state should realise its responsibility in implementing the schemes.
He said a target of allotting three lakh dwellings has been fixed under Indira Awas Yojna in the state in the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok