States should ensure implementation of central schemes: Ramesh
Basti (UP): Asking the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure effective implementation of central schemes, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Sunday said complaints were being received regarding the MGNREGA in the state.
"Several complaints are being received regarding MNGREA from UP. The state government should realise its responsibility in implementing central schemes. I will write a letter to the state for effective implementation of the legislation," Ramesh said at a function here.
He said he had suggested previous Mayawati government and existing Akhilesh Yadav regime to recommend a CBI inquiry into alleged corruption in the MGNREGA scheme in seven districts in UP, but no such inquiry was ordered.
The Rural Development Minister said allocating funds was the work of the Centre, but the state should realise its responsibility in implementing the schemes.
He said a target of allotting three lakh dwellings has been fixed under Indira Awas Yojna in the state in the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing