Stay against Delhi Metro work in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A local court here has put a
stay on construction of a Metro tower on the land of a builder
in Vaishali area.
After the court ordered the stay on Friday, Ghaziabad
Development Authority (GDA) vice chairman Narender Chaudhry
said construction on the land owned by NK Rajput was started
without verifying the ownership.
He told reporters that it is a temporary hurdle and
the court will be approached for early disposal of the matter so
that work on the project is not affected.
He said the Metro site will remain the same with no
change in plan and the land will be used for the project after
the builder`s consent which shall be obtained soon with the
clearance from the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states