Stay against Delhi Metro work in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A local court here has put a
stay on construction of a Metro tower on the land of a builder
in Vaishali area.
After the court ordered the stay on Friday, Ghaziabad
Development Authority (GDA) vice chairman Narender Chaudhry
said construction on the land owned by NK Rajput was started
without verifying the ownership.
He told reporters that it is a temporary hurdle and
the court will be approached for early disposal of the matter so
that work on the project is not affected.
He said the Metro site will remain the same with no
change in plan and the land will be used for the project after
the builder`s consent which shall be obtained soon with the
clearance from the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?