Stay against Delhi Metro work in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A local court here has put a
stay on construction of a Metro tower on the land of a builder
in Vaishali area.
After the court ordered the stay on Friday, Ghaziabad
Development Authority (GDA) vice chairman Narender Chaudhry
said construction on the land owned by NK Rajput was started
without verifying the ownership.
He told reporters that it is a temporary hurdle and
the court will be approached for early disposal of the matter so
that work on the project is not affected.
He said the Metro site will remain the same with no
change in plan and the land will be used for the project after
the builder`s consent which shall be obtained soon with the
clearance from the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!