Steep rise in corruption, inflation during UPA rul
Bahraich: Warming up to the 2014 General Elections, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said if SP is voted to power at the Centre it will provide employment to all, and attacked the UPA government for "steep" rise in corruption and inflation.
"If the Samajwadi Party got a chance to form government at the Centre it would provide employment to all the youths in the country or else distribute unemployment allowance to them like it is doing in UP," Akhilesh said at a function here.
The chief minister distributed unemployment allowance and kanya vidhya dhan yojna cheques to the beneficiaries in Devi Patan division here.
In a brief interaction with media, he said that support to the Central government is only to keep a check on communal parties, but his party was not with the UPA government on the issue of FDI in retail sector.
"We have not seen any benefit for farmers in the areas where FDI has been allowed and FDI in retail would result in heavy losses for the small traders," he said adding that "corruption and inflation have seen a steep rise under the UPA government."
In a veiled attack on BSP chief Mayawati, Akhilseh said "SP government is more interested in using hard earned peoples` money on bringing smiles on their faces rather than wasting it on stone structures and memorials."
The chief minister said that soon an industrial policy would be brought to make employment available to the youth.
Claiming that all the schemes promised in the manifesto of the party would be implemented, Akhilesh said soon the process of distribution of computer tablets and laptops would also start.
On the issue of law and order, the chief minister assured
that all those taking law in their hands, however influential they might be, will be punished and reiterated that the progress of the country is directly linked to that of UP.
Announcing development schemes for all the four divisions, he declared that Katarniyaghat wildlife region would be developed as a tourist spot, and four-laning of NH-28 linking state headquarter with Nepal will be done.
He also promised 220 KVA power house for the district.
Yadav also had a boatride in Gerua river, famous for dolphins, alongwith state minister Waqar Ahmed Shah in the Katarniyaghat sanctuary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?