Step up security for Ramzan, Sawan: UP govt to DMs
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed district magistrates and police chiefs to take the steps necessary for maintaining peace and order during the coming holy months of `Ramzan` and `Sawan`.
District authorities have been asked to maintain utmost vigil and precautionary steps to maintain peace and order in view of Ramzaan beginning July 10 and Sawan from July 23, IG, Law and Order, R K Vishkarma told reporters here today.
The authorities have been asked to identify places that have a history of communal tension and deploy adequate security at such locations, Vishkarma said.
Special security arrangements should be made on the routes taken by the "kanwariyas" during this period besides special monitoring around temples, mosques and places of worship so as to see that anti-social or mischievous elements do not get chance to create problem, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living