Step up security for Ramzan, Sawan: UP govt to DMs
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed district magistrates and police chiefs to take the steps necessary for maintaining peace and order during the coming holy months of `Ramzan` and `Sawan`.
District authorities have been asked to maintain utmost vigil and precautionary steps to maintain peace and order in view of Ramzaan beginning July 10 and Sawan from July 23, IG, Law and Order, R K Vishkarma told reporters here today.
The authorities have been asked to identify places that have a history of communal tension and deploy adequate security at such locations, Vishkarma said.
Special security arrangements should be made on the routes taken by the "kanwariyas" during this period besides special monitoring around temples, mosques and places of worship so as to see that anti-social or mischievous elements do not get chance to create problem, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui