Step up security for Ramzan, Sawan: UP govt to DMs
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed district magistrates and police chiefs to take the steps necessary for maintaining peace and order during the coming holy months of `Ramzan` and `Sawan`.
District authorities have been asked to maintain utmost vigil and precautionary steps to maintain peace and order in view of Ramzaan beginning July 10 and Sawan from July 23, IG, Law and Order, R K Vishkarma told reporters here today.
The authorities have been asked to identify places that have a history of communal tension and deploy adequate security at such locations, Vishkarma said.
Special security arrangements should be made on the routes taken by the "kanwariyas" during this period besides special monitoring around temples, mosques and places of worship so as to see that anti-social or mischievous elements do not get chance to create problem, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Wanted to make 'Sultan' only with Salman: Ali Abbas Zafar
- Watch: Behind-the-scenes 'Trip' of 'Udta Punjab' will make you more impatient for its release
- Separatist leaders in Kashmir join hands against colonies for Pandits
- Five reasons you should stop eating bread!
- Do you know who is Virat Kohli's first love? No, it's not Anushka Sharma!