Step up security for Ramzan, Sawan: UP govt to DMs
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed district magistrates and police chiefs to take the steps necessary for maintaining peace and order during the coming holy months of `Ramzan` and `Sawan`.
District authorities have been asked to maintain utmost vigil and precautionary steps to maintain peace and order in view of Ramzaan beginning July 10 and Sawan from July 23, IG, Law and Order, R K Vishkarma told reporters here today.
The authorities have been asked to identify places that have a history of communal tension and deploy adequate security at such locations, Vishkarma said.
Special security arrangements should be made on the routes taken by the "kanwariyas" during this period besides special monitoring around temples, mosques and places of worship so as to see that anti-social or mischievous elements do not get chance to create problem, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre