Stepmother kills girl, dumps body in a well in UP
Balrampur (UP): A seven-year-old girl was killed allegedly by her stepmother, who threw her body into a well in Haraiya area, police said on Wednesday.
Shanti, a student of standard III, went missing on May 19 from Dharmpur village, they said.
During police interrogation last evening, her stepmother Krishnawati allegedly confessed that she strangled the girl, sealed her body in a sack and dumped it in the well, they said.
The girl`s body was recovered from the structure after which Krishnawati was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional