Stepmother kills girl, dumps body in a well in UP
Balrampur (UP): A seven-year-old girl was killed allegedly by her stepmother, who threw her body into a well in Haraiya area, police said on Wednesday.
Shanti, a student of standard III, went missing on May 19 from Dharmpur village, they said.
During police interrogation last evening, her stepmother Krishnawati allegedly confessed that she strangled the girl, sealed her body in a sack and dumped it in the well, they said.
The girl`s body was recovered from the structure after which Krishnawati was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab