Stepmother kills girl, dumps body in a well in UP
Balrampur (UP): A seven-year-old girl was killed allegedly by her stepmother, who threw her body into a well in Haraiya area, police said on Wednesday.
Shanti, a student of standard III, went missing on May 19 from Dharmpur village, they said.
During police interrogation last evening, her stepmother Krishnawati allegedly confessed that she strangled the girl, sealed her body in a sack and dumped it in the well, they said.
The girl`s body was recovered from the structure after which Krishnawati was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees