Stepmother kills girl, dumps body in a well in UP
Balrampur (UP): A seven-year-old girl was killed allegedly by her stepmother, who threw her body into a well in Haraiya area, police said on Wednesday.
Shanti, a student of standard III, went missing on May 19 from Dharmpur village, they said.
During police interrogation last evening, her stepmother Krishnawati allegedly confessed that she strangled the girl, sealed her body in a sack and dumped it in the well, they said.
The girl`s body was recovered from the structure after which Krishnawati was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal