`Stern action against candidates luring electorates`
Firozabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Electoral
Officer (CEO) Umesh Sinha today warned candidates and their
supporters of stern action if they tried to lure electorates
through unfair means, in view of upcoming by-polls in the
"Stern action will be taken against candidates and their
supporters offering liquor, money and other things to
influence the electorate during by-polls," Sinha told
The CEO, who was here to review poll preparedness,
directed officials to take all necessary measures to ensure
free and fair elections.
"All arrangements to ensure free and fair polls are being
made as per the directives of the Election Commission of
India," he said.
Sinha said action would be taken against those trying to
disrupt poll process.
He said 1,751 poll centres have been set up in the
district, and central para military forces will be deployed
at sensitive and hyper-sensitive polling stations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living