`Stern action against candidates luring electorates`
Firozabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Electoral
Officer (CEO) Umesh Sinha today warned candidates and their
supporters of stern action if they tried to lure electorates
through unfair means, in view of upcoming by-polls in the
"Stern action will be taken against candidates and their
supporters offering liquor, money and other things to
influence the electorate during by-polls," Sinha told
The CEO, who was here to review poll preparedness,
directed officials to take all necessary measures to ensure
free and fair elections.
"All arrangements to ensure free and fair polls are being
made as per the directives of the Election Commission of
India," he said.
Sinha said action would be taken against those trying to
disrupt poll process.
He said 1,751 poll centres have been set up in the
district, and central para military forces will be deployed
at sensitive and hyper-sensitive polling stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO