Stern action against officials who fail to control crime: CM
Etawah: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said stern action would be taken against officials who fail to rein in crime and do not work on schemes on the priority list of the state government.
Talking to reporters after meeting people at Janata darbar held at his native place Saifai, Akhilesh said officers who fail to control crime and overlook schemes prioritised by the state government would be taken to task.
Referring to problems being faced by people, he said the government was working on schemes related to road, education, health and power sectors.
UP would not lag behind any other state in terms of power generation in the days to come, he said.
On being asked about objections raised by Ministry of Environment to the proposed lion safari project at Saifai, he said when the plan was chalked out environment laws were not so stringent.
Akhilesh used the occasion to attack earlier Mayawati
regime saying, "The BSP government has left the state in shambles."
"In CAG report irregularities in selling government sugar mills have come to the light and we will take action once court`s decision is out."
The condition of hospitals recently shown by the media is for everyone to see and we got it from the previous government as a gift, Akhilesh said.
Akhilesh was pointing towards recent incidents of two government hospitals, where ward boys, pharmacists and sweepers have been found administering injections and stitching wounds of patients.
The chief minister alleged the during BSP regime the state had become a laboratory of corruption and the state coffers were plundered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes