Stern action will be taken against guilty: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said those guilty of violent incident in Saharanpur district would not be spared and stern action would be taken against them.
During a meeting with Punjab Assembly Speaker Charanjeet Singh Atwal here, Yadav said the state government was committed to provide justice and security to all residents.
When asked about the plot of land for which clashes erupted in Saharanpur, the Chief Minister said the matter is sub judice and action would be taken accordingly.
Adequate compensation would be given to those affected from the incident, he said, adding that prompt action was taken by the government and the administration to control the violence which broke out suddenly.
The Chief Minister and the Punjab Assembly Speaker appealed to people to maintain peace and harmony and not to pay heed on the rumours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda