Stern action will be taken against guilty: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said those guilty of violent incident in Saharanpur district would not be spared and stern action would be taken against them.
During a meeting with Punjab Assembly Speaker Charanjeet Singh Atwal here, Yadav said the state government was committed to provide justice and security to all residents.
When asked about the plot of land for which clashes erupted in Saharanpur, the Chief Minister said the matter is sub judice and action would be taken accordingly.
Adequate compensation would be given to those affected from the incident, he said, adding that prompt action was taken by the government and the administration to control the violence which broke out suddenly.
The Chief Minister and the Punjab Assembly Speaker appealed to people to maintain peace and harmony and not to pay heed on the rumours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir