Stern action will be taken against guilty: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said those guilty of violent incident in Saharanpur district would not be spared and stern action would be taken against them.
During a meeting with Punjab Assembly Speaker Charanjeet Singh Atwal here, Yadav said the state government was committed to provide justice and security to all residents.
When asked about the plot of land for which clashes erupted in Saharanpur, the Chief Minister said the matter is sub judice and action would be taken accordingly.
Adequate compensation would be given to those affected from the incident, he said, adding that prompt action was taken by the government and the administration to control the violence which broke out suddenly.
The Chief Minister and the Punjab Assembly Speaker appealed to people to maintain peace and harmony and not to pay heed on the rumours.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: Victim had 38-wounds on her body, says autopsy
- Hardik Patel doesn't get bail
- China sends advanced warships to contested S China Sea
- China sends advanced warships to contested south China Sea
- Gautam Khaitan admits to setting up firm through which Agusta bribe money was routed: Sources