STF arrests man in connection with theft case
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) on Friday arrested a man, wanted in connection with a theft case in Ahmedabad, here, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, STF arrested Dinesh Kumar from near a petrol pump in Husainganj area this morning while he was waiting for someone to sell the goods stolen by him, they said.
Kumar, a native of Amethi, was wanted by the Ahmedabad police in connection with the theft committed in the house of Rajiv Bhai Chajar on August 13 in Naurangipura area.
During interrogation, the accused said that he had been working for Chajar as a domestic help since the past three years and had committed the crime for the lure of money.
Ornaments and valuables worth Rs two crore, 12 valuable watches of different companies, cash worth Rs 78,500 and a mobile phone was recovered from him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Know the importance of Prasad/Prasadam!
- Up to 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean this week: UN
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day