STF arrests man in connection with theft case
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) on Friday arrested a man, wanted in connection with a theft case in Ahmedabad, here, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, STF arrested Dinesh Kumar from near a petrol pump in Husainganj area this morning while he was waiting for someone to sell the goods stolen by him, they said.
Kumar, a native of Amethi, was wanted by the Ahmedabad police in connection with the theft committed in the house of Rajiv Bhai Chajar on August 13 in Naurangipura area.
During interrogation, the accused said that he had been working for Chajar as a domestic help since the past three years and had committed the crime for the lure of money.
Ornaments and valuables worth Rs two crore, 12 valuable watches of different companies, cash worth Rs 78,500 and a mobile phone was recovered from him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state