STF arrests man in connection with theft case
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) on Friday arrested a man, wanted in connection with a theft case in Ahmedabad, here, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, STF arrested Dinesh Kumar from near a petrol pump in Husainganj area this morning while he was waiting for someone to sell the goods stolen by him, they said.
Kumar, a native of Amethi, was wanted by the Ahmedabad police in connection with the theft committed in the house of Rajiv Bhai Chajar on August 13 in Naurangipura area.
During interrogation, the accused said that he had been working for Chajar as a domestic help since the past three years and had committed the crime for the lure of money.
Ornaments and valuables worth Rs two crore, 12 valuable watches of different companies, cash worth Rs 78,500 and a mobile phone was recovered from him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials