STF arrests man wanted in Mumbai murder case
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police on Saturday arrested from Jaunpur an accused wanted by the Mumbai police in connection with a murder case.
Ganesh Kumar Kannaujia was arrested by STF from Dhobi mohalla of Jaunpur district, a police spokesman said.
Kannaujia was arrested following a request made by Mumbai police to help solve a murder case in which he was the main accused, the spokesman added.
S Parashuraman (85) was murdered in Chembur area of Mumbai and his house looted on September 18, he said.
The spokesman said that Kannaujia has accpeted his role in the crime, committed with the help of three others.
Kannaujia and his accomplices killed the house owner and had left behind his wife taking her as dead before fleeing with cash and ornaments worth lakhs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra