STF arrests man wanted in Mumbai murder case
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police on Saturday arrested from Jaunpur an accused wanted by the Mumbai police in connection with a murder case.
Ganesh Kumar Kannaujia was arrested by STF from Dhobi mohalla of Jaunpur district, a police spokesman said.
Kannaujia was arrested following a request made by Mumbai police to help solve a murder case in which he was the main accused, the spokesman added.
S Parashuraman (85) was murdered in Chembur area of Mumbai and his house looted on September 18, he said.
The spokesman said that Kannaujia has accpeted his role in the crime, committed with the help of three others.
Kannaujia and his accomplices killed the house owner and had left behind his wife taking her as dead before fleeing with cash and ornaments worth lakhs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'