STF arrests man wanted in Mumbai murder case
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police on Saturday arrested from Jaunpur an accused wanted by the Mumbai police in connection with a murder case.
Ganesh Kumar Kannaujia was arrested by STF from Dhobi mohalla of Jaunpur district, a police spokesman said.
Kannaujia was arrested following a request made by Mumbai police to help solve a murder case in which he was the main accused, the spokesman added.
S Parashuraman (85) was murdered in Chembur area of Mumbai and his house looted on September 18, he said.
The spokesman said that Kannaujia has accpeted his role in the crime, committed with the help of three others.
Kannaujia and his accomplices killed the house owner and had left behind his wife taking her as dead before fleeing with cash and ornaments worth lakhs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list