STF arrests man wanted in Mumbai murder case
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police on Saturday arrested from Jaunpur an accused wanted by the Mumbai police in connection with a murder case.
Ganesh Kumar Kannaujia was arrested by STF from Dhobi mohalla of Jaunpur district, a police spokesman said.
Kannaujia was arrested following a request made by Mumbai police to help solve a murder case in which he was the main accused, the spokesman added.
S Parashuraman (85) was murdered in Chembur area of Mumbai and his house looted on September 18, he said.
The spokesman said that Kannaujia has accpeted his role in the crime, committed with the help of three others.
Kannaujia and his accomplices killed the house owner and had left behind his wife taking her as dead before fleeing with cash and ornaments worth lakhs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- REVEALED: How Test captain Virat Kohli played game-changing role in Anil Kumble's appointment
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?