STF arrests man wanted in Mumbai murder case
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police on Saturday arrested from Jaunpur an accused wanted by the Mumbai police in connection with a murder case.
Ganesh Kumar Kannaujia was arrested by STF from Dhobi mohalla of Jaunpur district, a police spokesman said.
Kannaujia was arrested following a request made by Mumbai police to help solve a murder case in which he was the main accused, the spokesman added.
S Parashuraman (85) was murdered in Chembur area of Mumbai and his house looted on September 18, he said.
The spokesman said that Kannaujia has accpeted his role in the crime, committed with the help of three others.
Kannaujia and his accomplices killed the house owner and had left behind his wife taking her as dead before fleeing with cash and ornaments worth lakhs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...