STF arrests wanted man carrying Rs 50,000 reward
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of the
Uttar Pradesh Police today arrested a wanted man who was
carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head from Hajipur
ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said here that Vivek
Verma, accused of killing two constables accompanying a
criminal in a train in March 16 this year to help him escape,
was arrested by the STF from Hajipur.
After intelligence inputs said Verma was moving about
in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, a team of
STF rushed to Bihar and arrested him from Hajipur railway
station while he trying to catch a train.
Verma was wanted in connection with different
criminal cases in Allahabad and Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
With this all the accused in the March 16 incident
have either been arrested or killed, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars