STF arrests wanted man carrying Rs 50,000 reward
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of the
Uttar Pradesh Police today arrested a wanted man who was
carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head from Hajipur
ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said here that Vivek
Verma, accused of killing two constables accompanying a
criminal in a train in March 16 this year to help him escape,
was arrested by the STF from Hajipur.
After intelligence inputs said Verma was moving about
in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, a team of
STF rushed to Bihar and arrested him from Hajipur railway
station while he trying to catch a train.
Verma was wanted in connection with different
criminal cases in Allahabad and Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
With this all the accused in the March 16 incident
have either been arrested or killed, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!