STF arrests wanted man carrying Rs 50,000 reward
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of the
Uttar Pradesh Police today arrested a wanted man who was
carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head from Hajipur
ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said here that Vivek
Verma, accused of killing two constables accompanying a
criminal in a train in March 16 this year to help him escape,
was arrested by the STF from Hajipur.
After intelligence inputs said Verma was moving about
in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, a team of
STF rushed to Bihar and arrested him from Hajipur railway
station while he trying to catch a train.
Verma was wanted in connection with different
criminal cases in Allahabad and Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
With this all the accused in the March 16 incident
have either been arrested or killed, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi