Stop `forces` trying to stifle leadership of poor: Mulayam
Lucknow: SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday asked his party workers to foil conspiracies of "forces" that create hurdles for the leadership of poor, backward and minorities.
"You should remain alert from forces conspiring
against leadership of poor, backward and minorities. Former
Bihar chief minister Karpuri Thakur and I had been the victim
of these conspiracies," Mulayam said at a function on the 87th
birth anniversary of the late chief minister.
He said that these forces can only be defeated by
strengthening the Samajwadi movement.
Mulayam said that people should take inspiration from
Karpuri Thakur, who always spoke for the cause of poor and
Senior party leader Azam Khan said that except SP no
other party had the programme to struggle for the cause of
poor and down trodden section of the society.
In Patna, Bihar Governor Devanand Konwar and Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar besides several other top politicians
offered floral tributes to the veteran socialist and former
Chief Minister late Karpoori Thakur.
The leaders garlanded the statue of Thakur and paid
homage to the former Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- We are now talking to China eye-to-eye, raising issues of Indian interests boldly: PM Narendra Modi
- Release date of Salman Khan starrer 'Sultan' announced!
- What you need to know about dietary supplements!
- Euro 2016: Italy Vs Spain, England Vs Iceland; players to watch out for
- Govt pursuing black money very aggressively: Jayant Sinha