Stop inciting Dalits or face action: SP to Maya
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Monday asked BSP supremo Mayawati not to create "confusion" among Dalits and stop inciting them on the issue of construction of educational institute and hospital in unused space in parks, and warned of "strict action" against her.
"We have talked about making educational institute and hospitals in unused space in parks and memorials constructed by Mayawati government and that too without disturbing existing statues. We want to warn BSP supremo not to create confusion among Dalits and stop inciting them on the issue otherwise strict legal action will be taken against her," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdury said in a statement issued here.
He said that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had already made it clear that statues would not be disturbed.
Mayawati had on April 14 threatened SP not to disturb statues installed in her tenure as it could created anger among dalits and its repercussions could be seen not only in UP but all over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...