Stop laptop distribution: Mayawati to Samajwadi Party
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati on Saturday criticised Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party (SP) in the state for distributing laptops to students which, she said, is a political gimmick to divert the attention of the people from the deteriorating law and order condition.
“People of Uttar Pradesh are very unhappy with the law and order situation and lack of development activities. Law and order situation in UP is worse than what media reports, especially women are really suffering,” she told media here today.
“But to divert attention from the crumbling law and order situation, this SP government starts distributing free laptops , and these laptops are mostly given to students, who are associated with Samajwadi Party workers,” she added.
Mayawati also took a jibe on the Congress leaders who spoke of cheap food being available to the poor, stating that it’s a cruel joke on the poor and those who talk of cheap food have not seen poverty from close quarters.
Commenting on BJP prospects in Uttar Pradesh in the 2014 General Elections, she said that people who say BJP will do well in UP are making castles in the air and it will be cleared when the results are declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20