Stop laptop distribution: Mayawati to Samajwadi Party
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati on Saturday criticised Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party (SP) in the state for distributing laptops to students which, she said, is a political gimmick to divert the attention of the people from the deteriorating law and order condition.
“People of Uttar Pradesh are very unhappy with the law and order situation and lack of development activities. Law and order situation in UP is worse than what media reports, especially women are really suffering,” she told media here today.
“But to divert attention from the crumbling law and order situation, this SP government starts distributing free laptops , and these laptops are mostly given to students, who are associated with Samajwadi Party workers,” she added.
Mayawati also took a jibe on the Congress leaders who spoke of cheap food being available to the poor, stating that it’s a cruel joke on the poor and those who talk of cheap food have not seen poverty from close quarters.
Commenting on BJP prospects in Uttar Pradesh in the 2014 General Elections, she said that people who say BJP will do well in UP are making castles in the air and it will be cleared when the results are declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor