Storm, heavy rains lash Lucknow
Lucknow: A massive storm accompanied by lightning and heavy rains lashed the state capital early Tuesday leaving several trees uprooted.
The Met Office recorded wind speed of around 30 km per hour here.
No loss of life has been reported so far though was some damage to property as many hoardings and tin roof tops were dislodged.
There was widespread power failure following the gutsy winds, and officials shut down supply to many areas as they feared snapping of high tension power wires.
The storm also hit the Malihabad town, known for its mango production.
The weather became normal and the skies cleared up by 8 am on Tuesday, the weather office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand