Storm, heavy rains lash Lucknow
Lucknow: A massive storm accompanied by lightning and heavy rains lashed the state capital early Tuesday leaving several trees uprooted.
The Met Office recorded wind speed of around 30 km per hour here.
No loss of life has been reported so far though was some damage to property as many hoardings and tin roof tops were dislodged.
There was widespread power failure following the gutsy winds, and officials shut down supply to many areas as they feared snapping of high tension power wires.
The storm also hit the Malihabad town, known for its mango production.
The weather became normal and the skies cleared up by 8 am on Tuesday, the weather office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Man gets melon-sized tumour removed from his neck after 25 years – Watch!
- Legend behind the famous Baijnath Shiva temple—You will be surprised to know the British connection!
- Indian Premier League 2016: I will be worried if I had to bowl at Virat Kohli, says Wasim Akram
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,419 Baleno to rectify faulty airbags
- Guys, the 'Baywatch' BAE Priyanka Chopra is back!