Stormy start to Budget session of UP Assembly
Lucknow: The Budget session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly on Thursday got off to a stormy start with opposition parties raising slogans against the government on issues like price rise and corruption and alleging malpractices during the recent Legislative Council polls.
Governor BL Joshi’s customary address to the joint sitting of the state legislature on the opening day of the session was cut short by the slogan shouting by members holding placards.
Many of them stormed into the well of the House repeatedly disrupting the Governor’s address.
Mr. Joshi could hardly read a couple of lines and left the House minutes after it met for the day.
Amid pandemonium, the House was adjourned till 1230 noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information