Strict vigil in Bareilly after bomb threat
Bareilly: An intense checking drive is
being undertaken by police here following an anonymous phone
call and SMS which threatened to blow up two bus stations and
railway station in the city.
PK Bose, regional manager of the Roadways, had received
a phone call and subsequently an SMS on Tuesday, threatening
to blow up two bus and railway stations on November 11 here,
DIG Prakash D has alerted intelligence units and
constituted police teams to verify the threat, they said,
adding that a team for tracing the origin of the call has
already been dispatched to Uttarakhand.
According to officials, the number from which the SMS was
sent had been issued on the basis of a fake ID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- Bomb explosion in Syria kills seven, leaves 25 injured
- Supreme Court to examine Muslim personal law
- More than Sourav Ganguly's absence, Ravi Shastri is upset with rejection: Sanjay Manjrekar