Strict vigil in Bareilly after bomb threat
Bareilly: An intense checking drive is
being undertaken by police here following an anonymous phone
call and SMS which threatened to blow up two bus stations and
railway station in the city.
PK Bose, regional manager of the Roadways, had received
a phone call and subsequently an SMS on Tuesday, threatening
to blow up two bus and railway stations on November 11 here,
DIG Prakash D has alerted intelligence units and
constituted police teams to verify the threat, they said,
adding that a team for tracing the origin of the call has
already been dispatched to Uttarakhand.
According to officials, the number from which the SMS was
sent had been issued on the basis of a fake ID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred