Strict vigil in Bareilly after bomb threat
Bareilly: An intense checking drive is
being undertaken by police here following an anonymous phone
call and SMS which threatened to blow up two bus stations and
railway station in the city.
PK Bose, regional manager of the Roadways, had received
a phone call and subsequently an SMS on Tuesday, threatening
to blow up two bus and railway stations on November 11 here,
DIG Prakash D has alerted intelligence units and
constituted police teams to verify the threat, they said,
adding that a team for tracing the origin of the call has
already been dispatched to Uttarakhand.
According to officials, the number from which the SMS was
sent had been issued on the basis of a fake ID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!