Strict vigil in Bareilly after bomb threat
Bareilly: An intense checking drive is
being undertaken by police here following an anonymous phone
call and SMS which threatened to blow up two bus stations and
railway station in the city.
PK Bose, regional manager of the Roadways, had received
a phone call and subsequently an SMS on Tuesday, threatening
to blow up two bus and railway stations on November 11 here,
DIG Prakash D has alerted intelligence units and
constituted police teams to verify the threat, they said,
adding that a team for tracing the origin of the call has
already been dispatched to Uttarakhand.
According to officials, the number from which the SMS was
sent had been issued on the basis of a fake ID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly