Strict vigil in Bareilly after bomb threat
Bareilly: An intense checking drive is
being undertaken by police here following an anonymous phone
call and SMS which threatened to blow up two bus stations and
railway station in the city.
PK Bose, regional manager of the Roadways, had received
a phone call and subsequently an SMS on Tuesday, threatening
to blow up two bus and railway stations on November 11 here,
DIG Prakash D has alerted intelligence units and
constituted police teams to verify the threat, they said,
adding that a team for tracing the origin of the call has
already been dispatched to Uttarakhand.
According to officials, the number from which the SMS was
sent had been issued on the basis of a fake ID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!