Student burnt alive; face mutilated by acid in Aligarh
Aligarh: An undergraduate student was allegedly burnt alive and his face mutilated by acid by a group of unidentified persons, police said here on Monday.
The body of Rakesh, student of Varshney Degree College, was recovered on Sunday at his uncle`s house in Raj Vihar locality in Kwarsi area, they said.
While the motive behind the murder is still unknown, police are suspecting the reason behind it to be an alleged love affair involving the victim.
The victim was residing at his uncle`s newly constructed house since past fortnight and was alone when the crime took place in early morning hours, police said.
Police is probing into the issue and no arrests have so far been made in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned