Student burnt alive; face mutilated by acid in Aligarh
Aligarh: An undergraduate student was allegedly burnt alive and his face mutilated by acid by a group of unidentified persons, police said here on Monday.
The body of Rakesh, student of Varshney Degree College, was recovered on Sunday at his uncle`s house in Raj Vihar locality in Kwarsi area, they said.
While the motive behind the murder is still unknown, police are suspecting the reason behind it to be an alleged love affair involving the victim.
The victim was residing at his uncle`s newly constructed house since past fortnight and was alone when the crime took place in early morning hours, police said.
Police is probing into the issue and no arrests have so far been made in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders ''seemingly'' agree to a debate
- Taiwan angry over `emotional` female president comments
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's