Student burnt alive; face mutilated by acid in Aligarh
Aligarh: An undergraduate student was allegedly burnt alive and his face mutilated by acid by a group of unidentified persons, police said here on Monday.
The body of Rakesh, student of Varshney Degree College, was recovered on Sunday at his uncle`s house in Raj Vihar locality in Kwarsi area, they said.
While the motive behind the murder is still unknown, police are suspecting the reason behind it to be an alleged love affair involving the victim.
The victim was residing at his uncle`s newly constructed house since past fortnight and was alone when the crime took place in early morning hours, police said.
Police is probing into the issue and no arrests have so far been made in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video