Student commits suicide after being rebuked in Kanpur
Kanpur: A Class VIII student allegedly committed suicide after being rebuked by her mother for not studying in the city here, police said on Saturday.
13-year-old Poonam, resident of Bidhnu area, yesterday committed suicide after her mother rebuked her for not studying, police said.
Meanwhile, in another incident, 29-year-old Meena was found hanging from a ceiling on the fourth storey of her house by her in-laws in Baadshahi area, police said.
Police suspect a foul play in the case and is investigating the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble