Student commits suicide after being rebuked in Kanpur
Kanpur: A Class VIII student allegedly committed suicide after being rebuked by her mother for not studying in the city here, police said on Saturday.
13-year-old Poonam, resident of Bidhnu area, yesterday committed suicide after her mother rebuked her for not studying, police said.
Meanwhile, in another incident, 29-year-old Meena was found hanging from a ceiling on the fourth storey of her house by her in-laws in Baadshahi area, police said.
Police suspect a foul play in the case and is investigating the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley