Student commits suicide after being rebuked in Kanpur
Kanpur: A Class VIII student allegedly committed suicide after being rebuked by her mother for not studying in the city here, police said on Saturday.
13-year-old Poonam, resident of Bidhnu area, yesterday committed suicide after her mother rebuked her for not studying, police said.
Meanwhile, in another incident, 29-year-old Meena was found hanging from a ceiling on the fourth storey of her house by her in-laws in Baadshahi area, police said.
Police suspect a foul play in the case and is investigating the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!