Student commits suicide after being rebuked in Kanpur
Kanpur: A Class VIII student allegedly committed suicide after being rebuked by her mother for not studying in the city here, police said on Saturday.
13-year-old Poonam, resident of Bidhnu area, yesterday committed suicide after her mother rebuked her for not studying, police said.
Meanwhile, in another incident, 29-year-old Meena was found hanging from a ceiling on the fourth storey of her house by her in-laws in Baadshahi area, police said.
Police suspect a foul play in the case and is investigating the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Ayushmann Khurrana's new Hitler/Chaplin look is worth a watch! View inside
- WATCH: Sir Alex Ferguson enters Manchester United FC dressing room, hugs Louis van Gaal
- Hollywood overpowers Bollywood at Box Office, again! 'X-Men Apocalypse' earns RS 10.16 cr
- Solar Impulse 2 plane successfully lands in Dayton, Ohio
- WATCH: 'We'll come to India to take revenge of Babri Masjid, Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar', threatens ISIS video