Student commits suicide by hanging himself
Kanpur: An engineering student has allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at his rented accommodation here, police said on Thursday.
Shivam Singh (19), resident of Dibiyapur was studying at a private engineering college here in Bithoor town and was staying in a rented accommodation nearby to his college.
The incident came to light after the boy did not respond to repeated calls made by his father yesterday. Following which his father informed his teacher, Shivam, the police said.
When Shivam reached his room, he found it locked from inside and hence informed the police who broke the door open and found his body hanging from the fan, they said.
It was written on the wall of his room `Bye Ajab Singh Yadav`, police said.
The deceased`s family has alleged that he was constantly being harassed by Ajab Singh Yadav, Director of a coaching institute in Kalyanpur area from where Shivam used to take classes earlier, said police.
The body has been sent for postmortem and police is questioning the coaching director. No arrest has been made so far in connection with the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor