Student commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A student, enrolled for an ITI diploma course, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at his hostel in Govind Nagar area, police said on Thursday.
21-year-old Vinayak, a student at a private ITI, was found hanging in his room by his room mates yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered from the spot in which the boy stated that he has failed in his life and therefore was taking this extreme step, police said.
However, Vinayak`s family is suspicious about his death.
The body has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, they said.
In another case, a man allegedly committed suicide in Vinayakpur area.
According to the police, Birju Gupta (36) owned a milk shop and had taken loan. Due to his inability to repay the debts, Gupta was mentally distressed which led him to commit suicide.
His body has been sent for postmortem and further investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons