Student commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A student, enrolled for an ITI diploma course, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at his hostel in Govind Nagar area, police said on Thursday.
21-year-old Vinayak, a student at a private ITI, was found hanging in his room by his room mates yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered from the spot in which the boy stated that he has failed in his life and therefore was taking this extreme step, police said.
However, Vinayak`s family is suspicious about his death.
The body has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, they said.
In another case, a man allegedly committed suicide in Vinayakpur area.
According to the police, Birju Gupta (36) owned a milk shop and had taken loan. Due to his inability to repay the debts, Gupta was mentally distressed which led him to commit suicide.
His body has been sent for postmortem and further investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar