Student commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A student, enrolled for an ITI diploma course, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at his hostel in Govind Nagar area, police said on Thursday.
21-year-old Vinayak, a student at a private ITI, was found hanging in his room by his room mates yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered from the spot in which the boy stated that he has failed in his life and therefore was taking this extreme step, police said.
However, Vinayak`s family is suspicious about his death.
The body has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, they said.
In another case, a man allegedly committed suicide in Vinayakpur area.
According to the police, Birju Gupta (36) owned a milk shop and had taken loan. Due to his inability to repay the debts, Gupta was mentally distressed which led him to commit suicide.
His body has been sent for postmortem and further investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH