Student gangraped in UP’s Baghpat
Meerut: In a fresh incident, an 18-year-old
student was allegedly gangraped and later committed suicide in
Mukari village of neighbouring Baghpat district.
The girl, whose father is a CRPF constable posted in
Patna, was raped on Monday by two brothers Sanjay and Rinku
when she went to her friend Pinky`s house to learn stitching,
Baghpat Police SP Preetendra Singh said.
She was found unconscious by her family members at the
house, he said, adding that the victim later committed suicide
by hanging from a ceiling fan on Monday night.
Search is still on for the two accused, he added.
Singh also dismissed the allegation by locals that she
took the extreme step over delay in police investigation.
The incident comes at a time when Uttar Pradesh is
reeling under a spate of rape cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'