Student gangraped in UP’s Baghpat
Meerut: In a fresh incident, an 18-year-old
student was allegedly gangraped and later committed suicide in
Mukari village of neighbouring Baghpat district.
The girl, whose father is a CRPF constable posted in
Patna, was raped on Monday by two brothers Sanjay and Rinku
when she went to her friend Pinky`s house to learn stitching,
Baghpat Police SP Preetendra Singh said.
She was found unconscious by her family members at the
house, he said, adding that the victim later committed suicide
by hanging from a ceiling fan on Monday night.
Search is still on for the two accused, he added.
Singh also dismissed the allegation by locals that she
took the extreme step over delay in police investigation.
The incident comes at a time when Uttar Pradesh is
reeling under a spate of rape cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof