Student in hospital after thrashing by teacher
Lucknow: A 10-year-old student of a private school in Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun town has been hospitalised with multiple injuries after his teacher beat him up brutally, police said on Tuesday.
Nitin Kumar, the Class 5 student of GC School on the Jhansi Road of the town, was on Monday assaulted by his teacher Ashish Kumar for not giving a satisfactory explanation for not attending classes regularly.
According to the student`s family, last week Nitin was not able to attend the school regularly due to some health problems.
"In connection with the corporal punishment meted out to Nitin, we have initiated an enquiry against the teacher," Police Inspector MP Tiwari told reporters in Jalaun, some 300 km from here.
"The student has received multiple injuries on his face, forehead and areas around the eyes," he said.
"He is getting treatment at a hospital and is out of danger. We have also sought assistance from the officials of the education department to initiate necessary action against the school authorities," Tiwari added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India