Student in hospital after thrashing by teacher
Lucknow: A 10-year-old student of a private school in Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun town has been hospitalised with multiple injuries after his teacher beat him up brutally, police said on Tuesday.
Nitin Kumar, the Class 5 student of GC School on the Jhansi Road of the town, was on Monday assaulted by his teacher Ashish Kumar for not giving a satisfactory explanation for not attending classes regularly.
According to the student`s family, last week Nitin was not able to attend the school regularly due to some health problems.
"In connection with the corporal punishment meted out to Nitin, we have initiated an enquiry against the teacher," Police Inspector MP Tiwari told reporters in Jalaun, some 300 km from here.
"The student has received multiple injuries on his face, forehead and areas around the eyes," he said.
"He is getting treatment at a hospital and is out of danger. We have also sought assistance from the officials of the education department to initiate necessary action against the school authorities," Tiwari added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!