Student in hospital after thrashing by teacher
Lucknow: A 10-year-old student of a private school in Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun town has been hospitalised with multiple injuries after his teacher beat him up brutally, police said on Tuesday.
Nitin Kumar, the Class 5 student of GC School on the Jhansi Road of the town, was on Monday assaulted by his teacher Ashish Kumar for not giving a satisfactory explanation for not attending classes regularly.
According to the student`s family, last week Nitin was not able to attend the school regularly due to some health problems.
"In connection with the corporal punishment meted out to Nitin, we have initiated an enquiry against the teacher," Police Inspector MP Tiwari told reporters in Jalaun, some 300 km from here.
"The student has received multiple injuries on his face, forehead and areas around the eyes," he said.
"He is getting treatment at a hospital and is out of danger. We have also sought assistance from the officials of the education department to initiate necessary action against the school authorities," Tiwari added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral