Student leader shot dead in Kanpur
Kanpur: In yet another reminder of the gun culture prevalent in the state, a college student Abhinav Singh was shot dead here on Wednesday night by a Samajwadi Party leader following a minor skirmish.
Abhinav Singh, a second year law student in BND College, was shot dead by Santraj Singh – an active member of SP – after they had a petty fight during a marriage ceremony.
Incidentally, Abhinav used to play an active role in college politics.
As per the information, both of them were attending a marriage ceremony at Kamleshwar Guest House which falls under Kakadev police station limits. Eyewitnesses say that Abhinav and Santraj had a verbal duel following which Santraj and his men beat up Abhinav. As per reports, Abhinav then quietly left the area.
However, Santraj followed him on a bike and shot Abhinav dead at point blank range near the Santsang Park in Shastri Nagar.
Abhinav was later taken to a nearby hospital but he could not be saved.
The police are conducting raids at various places to nab the absconding accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight