Students beat up policemen in Ghaziabad
Lucknow: Three policemen, including a station in-charge, were injured in Ghaziabad Monday when angry college students attacked a police station and burnt it down.
According to state home department officials, violence broke out in Muradnagar, about 470 km from here, when angry students of the Gandhi Inter College, protesting against the sacking of a school teacher, vented their ire on the police and set the Rawli police station on fire.
"Students were protesting against the sacking of a teacher named Arvind Dubey, and they went to the police station to seek help to bring pressure on the management to reinstate the teacher. Instead of helping them, the policemen just shooed them away," an official told a news agency, explaining that the students went berserk and thrashed policemen.
Senior police and district officials rushed to the spot to contain the violence, an official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!