Students clash with police over `Chalo Assembly` rally from Osmania Univ
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana students on Wednesday pelted stones on policemen on the Osmania University campus here following which cops fired teargas shells on them.
Protesting students pelted stones on policemen after being prevented from taking out a bike-rally in support of the `Chalo Assembly` programme on June 14, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) R Jaya Lakshmi said.
Earlier, pro-Telangana students affiliated to Telangana Vidyarthi Parishad, who sought to take out a rally from the OU claiming to meet ministers to get their nod for the proposed `Chalo Assembly`, raised slogans and argued with police over denial of permission.
Hyderabad Police has already said that no permission has been granted or will be given for the proposed Telangana Joint Action Committee sponsored `Chalo Assembly` and warned of initiating stern action against those breaking the law.
The TJAC has called for `Chalo Assembly` programme due to delay in formation of Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY