Students clash with police over `Chalo Assembly` rally from Osmania Univ
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana students on Wednesday pelted stones on policemen on the Osmania University campus here following which cops fired teargas shells on them.
Protesting students pelted stones on policemen after being prevented from taking out a bike-rally in support of the `Chalo Assembly` programme on June 14, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) R Jaya Lakshmi said.
Earlier, pro-Telangana students affiliated to Telangana Vidyarthi Parishad, who sought to take out a rally from the OU claiming to meet ministers to get their nod for the proposed `Chalo Assembly`, raised slogans and argued with police over denial of permission.
Hyderabad Police has already said that no permission has been granted or will be given for the proposed Telangana Joint Action Committee sponsored `Chalo Assembly` and warned of initiating stern action against those breaking the law.
The TJAC has called for `Chalo Assembly` programme due to delay in formation of Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari makes quarterfinal exit as no Indian left in individual events
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years