Students clash with police over `Chalo Assembly` rally from Osmania Univ
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana students on Wednesday pelted stones on policemen on the Osmania University campus here following which cops fired teargas shells on them.
Protesting students pelted stones on policemen after being prevented from taking out a bike-rally in support of the `Chalo Assembly` programme on June 14, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) R Jaya Lakshmi said.
Earlier, pro-Telangana students affiliated to Telangana Vidyarthi Parishad, who sought to take out a rally from the OU claiming to meet ministers to get their nod for the proposed `Chalo Assembly`, raised slogans and argued with police over denial of permission.
Hyderabad Police has already said that no permission has been granted or will be given for the proposed Telangana Joint Action Committee sponsored `Chalo Assembly` and warned of initiating stern action against those breaking the law.
The TJAC has called for `Chalo Assembly` programme due to delay in formation of Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17