Students clash with police over `Chalo Assembly` rally from Osmania Univ
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana students on Wednesday pelted stones on policemen on the Osmania University campus here following which cops fired teargas shells on them.
Protesting students pelted stones on policemen after being prevented from taking out a bike-rally in support of the `Chalo Assembly` programme on June 14, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) R Jaya Lakshmi said.
Earlier, pro-Telangana students affiliated to Telangana Vidyarthi Parishad, who sought to take out a rally from the OU claiming to meet ministers to get their nod for the proposed `Chalo Assembly`, raised slogans and argued with police over denial of permission.
Hyderabad Police has already said that no permission has been granted or will be given for the proposed Telangana Joint Action Committee sponsored `Chalo Assembly` and warned of initiating stern action against those breaking the law.
The TJAC has called for `Chalo Assembly` programme due to delay in formation of Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ