Students clash with police over `Chalo Assembly` rally from Osmania Univ
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana students on Wednesday pelted stones on policemen on the Osmania University campus here following which cops fired teargas shells on them.
Protesting students pelted stones on policemen after being prevented from taking out a bike-rally in support of the `Chalo Assembly` programme on June 14, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) R Jaya Lakshmi said.
Earlier, pro-Telangana students affiliated to Telangana Vidyarthi Parishad, who sought to take out a rally from the OU claiming to meet ministers to get their nod for the proposed `Chalo Assembly`, raised slogans and argued with police over denial of permission.
Hyderabad Police has already said that no permission has been granted or will be given for the proposed Telangana Joint Action Committee sponsored `Chalo Assembly` and warned of initiating stern action against those breaking the law.
The TJAC has called for `Chalo Assembly` programme due to delay in formation of Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt